Accessible Customer Service Plan Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Baffin lnc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. We strive at all times to provide goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
ln the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by persons with disabilities, Baffin lnc. will notify customers promptly. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. This notice will be placed at all public entrances and at the point of disruption and will be posted on our website.
Baffin lnc. will provide training to all employees who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development or policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services. Training will be provided to employees during the employee orientation process. Employees will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Baffin's plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the equipment or assistive devices that are available on our premises or that we othenryise provide that may help with the provision of goods and services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Baffin's goods and services.
Training records will be kept, including the name of the employee trained and the date the training occurred.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Baffin lnc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can either:
346 Arvin Avenue
Stoney Creek, ON L8E 2M4
(905) 664-3930 or toll-free 1-800-387-5858 extension 139
All feedback will be directed to Human Resources. We will make all reasonable efforts to address concerns or complaints immediately.
Notice of Availability
Baffin lnc. will notify the public that our policies are available upon request through our website and posting a copy of the plan on our company bulletin boards. Requests for accessible customer service documents should be made to Human Resources.
Modifications to this or Other Polices
Baffin lnc. is committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. No changes will be made to this policy before considering the impact on persons with disabilities.